Long grain White rice
Water ~ Agua
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tbsp Vegetable or Olive Oil (I usually jump between Vegetable Oil and Olive Oil)
1 Garlic clove peeled (garlic powder also works, half a tsp/dash)
- Add your desired number of cups of rice to a dutch oven style pot (deep enough for rice and water) I usually cook 2-3 cups
- Wash the RICE! Make that RICE your b*&$# at least 10 times (yes, 10 times lol)
- Drain as much water as you can, the clearer the water the better wash it has
- Once you’ve drained the water from the RICE BATH, add enough water until you can rest the tip of your finger on the bed of rice under water. Once the water reaches the first bend/line on your index finger, you have added enough water! Trust me, it works lol.
-1 tsp. sea salt
-1 tbsp. veg oil (i jump between veg oil and olive oil)
-1 garlic clove peeled (garlic powder also works, half a tsp/dash)
- MIX it well
Place pot uncovered on stove on HIGH, and let boil until water is almost gone
Lower temp to simmer/low with the lid closed tightly once you see water is almost gone
LEAVE IT ALONE please 🙂 no peeking!!
Give it 10-15 minutes dependent on your stove heat level
Open lid and fluff your rice with a fork (also turn heat to lowest temp unless your husband likes burnt rice like mine does)
- ENJOY! Please leave your review in the comments if you get to try this! 🙂
Thanks for cooking with me!